Saturday, July 21, 2007

RWA Recognition

I understand that the RWA is to revisit some of the recent decisions that were probably made in too much haste because of recent developments.
Good on them. That shows flexibility and a willingness to listen, really listen to what the members want.
The way things stand at the moment a large number of the membership feels disenfranchised. I've listened to many author friends who feel betrayed and let down by an organisation they've spent a lot of time on.
I don't know what the answer is, but I'm very glad the response has been this one, an acknowledgement that epublishing exists, is here to stay, and that an organisation for authors should take note of it and find out what they can.
The epublishing world is full of rumour and innuendo, so it would be great if there was some reliable, disinterested baseline and some help for authors. So all my good wishes and I really hope this has positive results.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment