Wednesday, March 06, 2013

RT Booklovers' Convention

It's coming! Every year I venture across the Atlantic for RT Booklovers' Convention. Every year it's somewhere different, so that means I get a chance to see another part of the beautiful country that is the USA. I never, ever dreamed I'd get an opportunity like that. A published author, meeting some of my idols, and to visit places like San Francisco and New York!
I love my visits very much and best of all I've met some wonderful people, some of whom have become dear friends. My life would be much emptier without them. So shout-out to Monica, Desiree, Kathryn and so many others!
This year I'm planning a series set in Washington, DC, so I'm hieing there beforehand to see the capital.
RT itself is in Kansas City, and I'm kicking off the Convention with Kathryn Falk, an honor I'm a bit nervous about, but determined to do my best. So if you're brand new to the convention, come and see us - or even if you want some tips about how to get the best out of it.
There are a slew of activities going on in the few days before. A tour of Kansas City, a Boot Camp (where I've been asked to teach a class), a blogger convention and Kathryn Falk, Lady of Barrow, and I are holding a reception for the international visitors on the Tuesday, after 5 pm (if you're coming from abroad, please come to the reception!)
The Expo is different this year, too. Starting as a signing and a meet the author opportunity for digitally published authors, it's morphed into a much more ambitious venture. And now, for the first time, it's going international! You don't have to physically be there to attend!
The details are here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment