Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Ongoing

suddenly finding myself without a home for Department 57, I've been blown away by the responses from publishers. When did it happen that people like the books enough to want to pick them up?

I've been working hard to write the series, and in some ways it's run away with me, far more successful than I ever dreamed it would be.



I only ever wanted to write, not a lot else, and it was only recently I sent books to publishers. Writing is what I do, everything else is secondary, so promotion and conferences, while fun, come second.



Now I find myself with a bank of books to find homes for, and when they do settle somewhere, I won't have to write anything new for ages.



It doesn't bear thinking about. I just can't. So I'm still writing, still working and characters are still speaking to me.





Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:57 am

    I hope you find a new home soon for your Dept 57 series. I reallyyy wanted to get those books but hesitated. I prefer to buy my books at Fictionwise because I can buy books from different publishers in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've sent them to a publisher who does have books at Fictionwise, but I'm waiting to hear if they want them.
    Three of the books are still available, though, if you don't mind reading out of order, and apart from RUBIES OF FIRE and DIAMONDS OF ICE, they certainly can be!

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment