Thursday, December 06, 2007

How do you keep it going when times are tough?

It's a question I've been thinking about for the last few days. The Triskelion closure hit me harder than I wanted to admit, even to myself. I kept going, delighted when other publishers took my work, but looking back at what I wrote in this time, the strain shows, it really does.
I wrote two books I'm not happy with and I'm currently in the process of rewriting heavily, to the point of making them new. They just weren't up to what I usually write, and I don't understand why I couldn't see it at the time, except that I didn't. I presume it was all the fuss when Triskelion went into bankruptcy, because the rest of my life is as it always was. Stress is a funny thing and sometimes you think you're coping when you're not, but now, I think it's getting better because I can feel it in myself. I'm very tired, still, but that comes with insomnia, but I'm beginning to sleep for more than 3 hours at a time. And being British, I hate complaining. A national trait, or it used to be and as a nation we're still not brilliant at complaining.

1 comment:

  1. You have got to have hope. Someone close to me once said... recall the tough things that you have endured and over came in your past and ask your self if what you are facing is any greater than what you have faced.

    For me, I have found that the things faced in my past where far greater in adversary than the things that I presently contended with.

    In realizing this I was able to subtly shift my thoughts back toward being optomistic instead of feeling hopeless.

    I sorry for what has occurred with your previous publisher but my hope for you is that any new partnership that you enter in propells you to greater heights in your craft.

    I look forward to the reissuing of your Dept 57 series.

    Mona

    ReplyDelete

Add a comment